Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indy's Back


Ok, we saw it today. It didn't suck. It wasn't the greatest movie ever made. It was fun, but flawed. If it had come out a few years after Last Crusade it would probably have been received as an adequate addition to the franchise. As it is you have to take a huge dose of willing suspension of disbelief before sitting down in the theater. It's not the story, which is nice; not thrilling, but nice. The biggest problem I had with the film is that Harrison Ford is 60+ years old, and he looks it. He's in great shape for his age, but the amount of punishment he takes would put The Rock in the hospital. They tried too hard to keep Indy as the action hero, and relegated Shia LaBeouf to an inconsequential back burner. But even with that the movie is a good pop-corn muncher. There's a bit too much CGI for my taste, but it is done well for the most part. I can't say if this will spawn a new series of Shia LaBeouf movies, but worst things could happen.
So wait for a matinee, turn your expectation dial down, and just enjoy the flick. And Karen Allen, who still looks great.

Marius

2 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Just because I'm an Indy fan, I'm sure I will enjoy it... despite it all. I'm not expecting much, because like you said, Mr. Ford is 60+ and no matter what it shows.

Saw Transformers with Shia LaBoeuf and I like the kid, so he might be the next raising star...

Anonymous said...

Harrison Ford at ANY age is still a hottie. . .I'm looking forward to seeing it.