Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tired

I'm tired.
Tired of being angry.
Tired of wanting, needing, not having.
Tired of hating everything that comes out of our leaders' mouths.
Tired of feeling like I'm the only one who can see how messed up things are.
Tired of lashing out at those nearest me because I can't lash out at those who are the cause of my anger.
Tired of the daily routine that holds me in an iron grip.
Tired of television, news, needing to know yet fearing the horrors that await.
Tired of pundits, and analysts, and commentators.
Tired of CNN, and Fox News, and The Weekly World News.
Tired of conservatives, and liberals, and everything in between.
Tired of death, and blame, and rhymed couplets that replace truth.
Tired of the bone-crushing realities that refuse to let me ignore them, yet stay just out of my reach to affect them.
Tired of listening to my own whining.


And to top it off, Gilligan died yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried yoga, or maybe
tai chi? Even 5 minutes with your eyes closed, focusing on your breathing could help. Sounds like you've got some serious Monkey Mind, my friend.