Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Time Release Pain


So, as I reported earlier, I helped move the lovely and talented, and newest member of the family, Sheeps on Sunday. I was rather indiscriminate in my bale toting and barge lifting, and when Monday came around sans agony I was rather impressed with myself. "Not bad for an old bugger", thought I. And there was a bit more swagger in my step. Words like 'Herculean' passed more than once through my mind, and I decided that 44 isn't so bad after all.

Oh Gods of Olympus, can you not let one instance of hubris pass?!

I awoke today in mild discomfort, that slowly evolved into pain, that is now a band of major owie across my lower back that forced me to ask my wife to get a pan out of the lower oven drawer so I could make dinner. The bitch of this is that my lower back has never given me trouble before. So, Flexoril take me away! I took a muscle relaxer, and expect another 2 hours of consciousness. I'll let you know how things are tomorrow.

Adieu,
Marius the Decrepit

2 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Sorry to read about your pain! You have to keep reminding yourself, you're not getting any younger, remind that! Joke aside, I hope you recup fast! Hot baths help in those cases.

Anonymous said...

I can't help giggling over this. . .oh, dear, sweet Marius! Welcome to mah world!