Monday, June 23, 2008

On a Happier Note


Mrs. Marius and I went to see Get Smart today, and we really liked it. I was always a fan of the show as a kid, and this movie is a lovely homage to Don Adams and Barbara Feldon. Steve Carell was, like Ackroyd's Joe Friday, born to play Maxwell Smart, and he does so beautifully. Anne Hathaway is simply gorgeous, and Alan Arkin as the long suffering Chief puts in a good turn as well. I was dreading Dwayne Johnson, but he was good too. There were several laugh out loud moments, and the movie has a good heart. There is no need to brave the multiplex as this will do quite well on the small screen, but if you have an afternoon to kill, and want to spend a pleasant afternoon eating popcorn and watching a fun flick, you could do a lot worse. 6 out of 10.

I think I've told you all that the first rock show I ever saw was Black Sabbath at the Hollywood Sportatorium(don't look for it, it ain't there no mo). And one of the songs that stuck with me that night was called NIB. So tonight my bass teacher taught me the opening to the song. My fingers are numb, and there is part of it I may never do well, but it is so cool making recognizable(if currently slow and ugly) music, and even cooler when it's a song I love so much. If you'd like to hear it played for real, click below:


And now it's bed time. See y'all tomorrow.

Marius

No comments: