Thursday, June 12, 2008

Decrepitude


I have always been a fan of Biology, and remember many things from my high school Anatomy class that should have been long ago forgot. So generally I appreciate learning more about the human body and how it works. But lately I've been learning new things about the human body by breaking them in my own!! Remember the back pain I mentioned last week, well it hasn't gone away, and this morning drove me from my slumber. So I went to the doctor. It seems that I inflamed my sacroiliac joint. Now if you had asked me yesterday about it, I would have told you with no degree of uncertainty that the sacroiliac was something Bugs Bunny made up. Nope, it's a real thing as you can see in the picture above. It is where the ilium and the sacrum meet, hence the name. And what's the best way to inflame said joint? Lifting and twisting, say while, oh, loading a truck. Fuck!!! I'm not ready to be decrepit, dammit!!!!! So I got two shots of steroids into my butt, a script for Vicodin, and a 'give it a week' admonition to go easy on it. Hopefully this will go away and I can get back to work finding new things to learn about...the hard way.

Marius the Elder

7 comments:

Turtle said...

So sorry that you met your decrepitude on our behalf! Didn't mean to hit you with the age accelerating ray...

Seriously, we feel awful that you hurt yourself helping us. Hope you heal up soon...

stinkypaw said...

It's not easy getting older, is it?

Sorry for your pain, hope the dope helps!

Unknown said...

Turtle: Dude, don't sweat it. I do stupid shit all the time, you just gave me a venue. I'm glad it happened now when I have time to recover instead of in the middle of a show where I would just have to bite the bullet and get more hurt. Now I know what kind of stuff I need to avoid. ;-)

Stinkypaw: Thanks, and no, it isn't.

Purple Pigeon said...

Owie! Poor Marius! Though it does mean the next time you dont want to do something, you can smile sweetly and say ''I can't, my sacroiliac joint is playing up....''

Can Mrs M not be extra nice to the poor affected area?

Unknown said...

Hmm, now there's a thought.
}:-}

dmarks said...

Sacroiliac makes me think of the old song "Rub It In" by Billy Crash Craddock:

"...
Put a little on my toes
Rub it on my back and my sacroiliac
a dab on my chinny-chin-chin
RUB IT IN, RUB IT IN,
RUB IT IN, RUB IT IN
..."


Yes, some might think that "where the ilium and the sacrum meet" refers to battlefield during the Trojan War.

Anonymous said...

I've had back pain for over a week now. . . what started as a simple (hah!) backache has turned into a massive effing pinched nerve! You should have called me ~ we could have suffered together!