Sunday, June 08, 2008

Goin' Back to Tallahassee


So yesterday was consumed by a road trip. Our annual exodus to bring the COA to her father for the Summer. The trip was uneventful, and uninteresting in the context of blogging, but it did allow two things to happen. Firstly, by forcing me to remain for all intents and purposes motionless for nearly ten straight hours my back feels much better today. I was in so much pain on Friday that I tried to get in to see the doctor, but they couldn't fit me in. Just as well now, since the pain is finally ebbing. The other happening was something of an epiphany. Now that Hillary Clinton has accepted that she will not be the Democratic nominee, there has been some talk of her being tapped to be Obama's Vice President. I kept waffling between thinking that was a great idea, and the worst idea ever. Finally, as Mrs. Marius and I were talking about just that subject it hit me. Mrs. Clinton is almost as divisive as our current president, and I think putting her on the ticket as veep would be a bad move. But...she would make a very formidable Secretary of State. She's smarter than Henry Kissinger, and scarier than Madaline Albright. If anyone could keep our diplomatic relations under control it would be her, if for no other reason then out of shear terror of pissing her off.

Ok, I'm being a bit facetious here, but I do think she'd be a good Secretary of State. Am I full of it?

Marius the Slightly Less Pained

2 comments:

Queen Bad Kitty said...

I was saying the exact thing,
I mean THE EXACT thing last weekend and I was getting comments like "who cares about the secretary of state?".
Uh, I do when we live in this post 911 world (by the way I hate that phrase!)
So good for us Marius...demented minds think alike.

Hope your back gets to feeling better.
QBK

Unknown said...

Glad to see that I'm not the only one. :-) As for the 'post 911 world' thing, it really isn't. We live in a post 911 country now, but the rest of the world has been putting up with terrorist shit for a lot longer than we have. We just finally got stung badly enough to care about it.