Sunday, August 24, 2008

Brain Dump


So I was reading Doonsebury, as I do every morning, and today they gave a laundry list of the bad things the Bush administration will be remembered for: Iraq, Guantanamo, Abu Graib, Torture, Black Sites, Extraordinary Rendition, Recess Appointments, Signing Statements, The Valerie Plame Debacle, etc. As I was reading this a thought came unbidden to my newly caffeinated brain. Just as our recent military incursions have helped to teach Americans Geography, our bumbling Buffoon-In-Chief had shows us far more about the inner workings of our government than we ever knew before. That's a good thing, right?

While I was visiting my friends A & B the other week they introduced me to a video game called Overlord. It is a Playstation 3 game where you play an evil warrior out to conquer the world, but you do it using these goblin-like minions and it's rather amusing. We don't have a PS3, nor are we likely to get one any time soon, so I searched and found a PC version of the game on eBay. I bid, and won, and got the game for less than $10! Alas, my computer is too slow to play the damned thing. That'll teach me to look at all the system requirements. I need a 2.4 GHz processor, and mine is only 1.8. And my motherboard won't support a bigger processor. This is probably also the reason I can't get back onto the City of Heroes game. So, if anyone out there is getting rid of an oldish computer that has a 2.4GHz processor, I can give it's motherboard a good home. ;-)

So work doesn't start officially until September first, but I am going nucking futs just sitting around the house. Money's tight, so we can't go out too much, and the weather has been less than clement, so I've been for all intents and purposes on house arrest for the past three days or so. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! If this is what retirement is like, I think I'll keep working til they take me home in a box. To hell with the schedule. I think I'm going to start back either Wednesday or Thursday. I need to get the shop organized anyway.

Ok, that's it for now. I hope you are all having a groovy Sunday.

Peace,
Marius

No comments: