Thursday, July 06, 2006

No More Rocketboom

 

 Posted by Picasa


Unbelievably, Rocketboom has imploded. Amanda Congdon, who has been the voice and face of the incredibly popular website for nearly two years, has been fired by Andrew Baron, who is the producer and holder of 51% of the company. Apparantly Andrew wanted Amanda to be just the face of Rockteboom, but it sounds to me more like he couldn't deal with Amanda's popularity. While I will grant you that this is a huge he said/she said situation, and I don't know either personally, from what they have published on line it sounds like Amanda has tried to keep to the moral high ground, while Andrew is warping the truth to allow him to sleep at night. Of course, I am taking sides, and making assumptions about Amanda's integrity that may or may not be justifiable, but I don't particularly care about that. Amanda has put herself in the public spotlight for nearly two years, and has contributed greatly to the success of the show, far more than 49%, and if he thinks he can just throw another pretty face in front of the camera he's got another thing coming. I am a huge fan of Ms. Congdon, and will support her no matter where she goes, but without her in front of the map Rocketboom is dead to me. Here's hoping we see her on our computers again very soon. Good luck, Amanda. I'll miss you.

With love,
Marius

No comments: