Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Dark Knight(no spoilers, but lots of popcorn and nachos)


It is a rare and wonderful thing these days when I dare to hope that a much anticipated movie will be good, and it is. The Dark Knight is that rare cinematic gem. Like any gem it has its flaws, but they are minor. Most of the performances are flawless, although Maggie Gillenhall is atrocious. Imagine Carrie Fisher, but with less talent. Fortunately her relative lack of luster is totally overshadowed by Bale, and Freeman, and Cain, and Oldman, and, of course, Ledger. His Joker has more layers than a cart full of onions. He is the reason clowns are scary. And the best thing about it is there is no explanation for his malignancy. He is just plain evil. And he's damned good at it. I think all the Oscar buzz is a bit over done, but this was certainly a worthy capstone to an all-too-short career.

Oh, and if you can see it at the IMAX, it is totally worth the extra few bucks(or quid, me Pidgey). What a ride!!

Marius the Impressed

5 comments:

stinkypaw said...

The Oscar buzz might be amplified because he's dead... Might just have to drag Hubby to a theatre!

stinkypaw said...

Oh! what happened to the food title??! Are you no longer playing with me?! :-(

Unknown said...

Oops! I was so excited about the movie that I forgot. It's fixed now. :-)

stinkypaw said...

LOL, thanks you're too kind!

Purple Pigeon said...

heheh well, I dont know about the IMAX experience, I may just have to settle for whatever they play at the ole cinema. I'm ready for the Joker though!