Sunday, March 16, 2008

One for the Road




The year:1981
The place: The Cross County Mall movie theatre
The movie: Black and Blue

Rico convinced me that I needed to see this film. It was concert footage from Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult spliced together into a kick-ass movie. I had never seen anything like it, and before seeing this the closest I came to liking heavy music was the occasional KISS album. Black and Blue literally rocked my world and I've been a fan of both bands ever since. A couple of years ago I found a DVD of the movie on Ebay. It's from Brazil, so it has Porutgese subtitles, but only when there is talking, and it still kicks ass. I am watcing it now as I pack, and it made me wonder if any of you had a musical epiphany in your lives that forever changed your tastes.

Well?

:-)
Marius

No comments: