Monday, March 24, 2008


To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised it took me this long to get sick. It seems everyone around me for the past couple of months has had some kind of plague. The COA has been coughing for quite some time now. Mrs. Marius had an ear infection last week. Many of my students have missed class due to illness, and at least some of them weren't simply hungover. And then, in Texas, I was surrounded by hundreds of sniffling, coughing, wheezing, and sneezing teenagers. So it really is no wonder that the crud finally nailed me. But it couldn't have picked a worse time. I have a metric-shitload of work to do to get the next show ready for tech next week. I wanted to go in today, despite feeling like 10 pounds of doo-doo in a five pound bag, but the drive to drop the young'n off at school, which is about a two mile round trip, left me feeling woozy. So it seemed prudent to lose one day today, and hopefully get better enough to push hard all the rest of the week. So that's where I am. At home. Just me, the kitties, and a bunch of unruly, unwelcome microbes. NyQuil take me away!


By the way, whenever I'm doing dishes, and I notice things like how epoxy-like dried egg is, or how efficiently spaghetti sauce will plug up the mesh drain screens we have, I often wonder if that information would have helped the castaways on Gilligan's Island. Am I the only one?

I was afraid of that.

I'm going to lie down now...yes, I think that would be for the best.

Marius the Icky


jacob ellard said...

I'm still trying to get over "the shit," as we call it here at Tech. The pollen is unreal this season. Fucking Louisiana...

Oh, by the way... I'm baaaack!

Marius said...

Welcome baaaack! Have a tissue.


Stinkypaw said...

Do take care friend, and yes you are unique! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Everybody in the whole effing world seems to have had this thing, whatever it is, excpet I! Cross fingers that that doesn't change anytime soon!

Oh, and since you asked (shhh, I know you didn't really), my weekend end NYC was wonderful, as was Clay. Will be blogging about it shortly!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had it too for at least a week. I had the high fever, headaches and body aches. I'm finally about over it.

Lots of Vitamin C, Nyquil and sleep.

Hope you are better soon!

- KA