Sunday, March 16, 2008

Leavin', On A Jet Plane


Hiya, Folks,
Well, tomorrow morning I'll be winging my way to Houston, Texas for the United States Institute for Theatre Technology conference. I'll be gone all week, and I don't know what my intertube access will be, but if I can I'll post from there. If not, I'll let y'all know how it was when I get back.

While I love my job, there aren't many perks that extend beyond the boundaries of the campus, but yesterday we got to enjoy a rare moment of serendipity. We recently purchased two nice stage-combat worthy broadswords for our upcoming show, but they didn't come with scabbards. I asked around, and found a gentleman who makes custom scabbards for a reasonable price. He needed to see the sword to take measurements, and said I could come to his establishment, or if we were in the area he would be at the Renn Faire all weekend. I told him we were planning on attending the faire anyway, and he said he would meet us at the gate with two free tickets. Wheee! We had a lot of fun, and ran into a few of our former high school students, and I even got a wee bit of fencing in.(I really enjoyed it. Must see about getting some more of that.) Mrs. Marius bought some Scottish stuff, and a tiny working catapult(have I mentioned what a lucky husband I am?) and the kid got an ocarina. I had a beer and a stress-free day. And there was much rejoicing.

Ok, when next you hear from me I'll either be in Texas, or back from Texas.

Peace, y'all.
Marius

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you like the video Marius. Thanks for posting it! And for thinking of me as a dear friend!

<3,
Rinya