Friday, February 29, 2008

Movie Meme


Ok, I've been quite the slacker of late, but it's been a fecal week and I've been sulking. But things are beginning to pull out, so here's a bit of fun while I concoct some real content for you, courtesy of Sheeps & Turtle.

Movie Quote Meme

1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions


1. I can't see a goddamn thing.
Quit griping.
I like griping.

2.Scorn and defiance, slight regard, contempt and any thing that may not misbecome the mighty sender, doth he prize you at. Thus says my king.

3.Yes, I'm shattered, but it's nothing that some sleep and a good fuck wouldn't cure, as my sister used to say.

4.Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears right about now.

5. I remember that sound. That's a bad sound.

6. You can't grow a good hot dog indoors. Yankee Stadium. September. The hot dogs have been boiling since opening day in April. Now that's a hot dog.

7.Look, if you want to torture me, spank me, lick me, do it. But if this poetry shit continues, shoot me now, please.

8.You're acting like a pack of rabid dogs. And that, gentlemen, simply will not do.

9. I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.

10.Keep your damn filthy bones outta my mouth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only recognze #4. . . excellent choice. My fave movie quote is: "Fifteen hundred years ago, man KNEW the earth was the center of the universe; five hundred years ago, we KNEW the earth was flat; fifteen minutes ago, you KNEW that we were alone on this planet. Just think what you'll know tomorrow."

Love it!

Unknown said...

Sorry, Puddy dear, but that's not from Men in Black. I enjoyed Men in Black, but it does not make it into even my top 20. That line you quoted, however, is my favorite line from the film.

Anonymous said...

Mine is "Stupid f**king white man"

From Jim Jarmusch's two movies:
"Dead Man" with Johnny Depp
"Ghost Dog: The way of the Samurai" with Forrest Whitaker

p

Turtle said...

I know you posted the answers, but I haven't been here in a few days, and haven't had a chance, so I skipped that post and am giving it a shot.

1 is from Alien. 2 is most obviously (for me...) from Hank5. No idea on 3, but I know I've seen the movie... 4 is Dogma. 5 is Galaxy Quest. Don't know 6, but, again, know I've seen it... Not a clue on 7. 8 is from the werewolf vs. vampire movie that I can not, for the life of me, remember the name of... 9 is familiar, but I don't know... 10 is too easy - Evil Dead 3, Army of Darkness.

Unknown said...

I knew I'd have a hard time stumping the human VCR. :-)