Friday, February 22, 2008

Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles


I haven't been this stoked over a TV show in a long time. Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles is awesome! If you liked the Terminator movies then you will love this show. I was worried that it would simply ignore things established in the movies and make up their own mythos, but the show's makers are doing a fantastic job sticking with the world created by James Cameron, while putting in a whole bunch of new twists. Lena Headey plays Sarah, and she is fantastic. She has kept the simmering, moody intensity that Linda Hamilton had, but is nicely building her own version of the character. Thomas Dekker plays the young John Conner with more maturity than we've seen in either his very young self, or the 'I don't care anymore' version of T3. But what makes the show for me is Summer Glau as Cameron, a reprogrammed terminator sent back in time to help and protect John. She is Data as a fully functional killing machine. She observes, and mimics, and 'freaks the hell' out of people, and while she is drop dead gorgeous, she is menacing as all get out. Last night, as Mrs. Marius and I were watching this week's ep, I was actually disappointed when the end of the show came. The pacing, and tension were so skillfully done that I didn't even realize that an hour had passed and it was time for the show to end. That, to me, is the true sign of a great program.

Anyway, if you are a fan of the franchise I highly recommend this program. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The M-800

No comments: