Sunday, September 02, 2007

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me




I just read a tragic story out of Arizona. Two girls, 13 and 10, disappeared while riding an ATV early Saturday evening, and were found in an abandoned mine shaft 12 hours later. The 10-year-old was seriously injured and the older girl was dead. Several angry thoughts leaped to my mind as I read this. First, what the hell is up with mines lately? Utah, China, Arizona? I somehow feel like we are a foreign object that the Earth is rejecting. Secondly how can a mineshaft be left open so people can fall into it? Finally, and most importantly, what sort of moron parent lets a 13-year-old and a 10-year-old ride an ATV unsupervised!? I'm thinking about getting the phrase,'If you aren't outraged,you aren't paying attention' tattooed on my forehead.

Sweet dreams, kiddies.

Geez!!
Marius

No comments: