Saturday, September 01, 2007

Home



Great googley moogely! What a long strange trip it's been. But I am finally home. First I want to say that despite all my bitching, my time at Uniform Sales,Inc. was the grooviest non-theatre job I've ever had. My coworkers are wonderful people whom I now call friends, and while I have always loved and respected R&G, I am now closer to them than ever, which is all good. And, should any of you need embroidered or silk-screened shirts, or cook wear, or scrubs just let me know and I'll put you in touch with them. They do great work, and can usually beat any other company's prices.

Now the news. Senator Craig: I honestly don't have an opinion on this one. I've read the transcript of his interview with the police that day, and while it certainly sounds suspicious, there is a he said/he said aspect to this that leaves a lot to the imagination. While I applaud any Washington official showing his true colors, and pleading guilty just so you can catch your flight is not in the least bit plausible, I don't know how to call this one. His career is over, but since I had not heard of him before this I really don't care.

Utah mine: The officials at the Crandall Canyon mine have ended their search for the six trapped miners. They drilled seven holes, lost three more men in a secondary collapse, and had to abandon a robotic camera fifty feet below ground when it got caught in mud and debris. They are saying they have done everything they could, and it is time to let it go. I truly hope that it doesn't come out that this tragedy was anything other than a terrible accident, but if there are charges to be brought let's hope it happens quickly.

And that's all I have to say right now. It is my intention to emulate the above pictured feline today and do as little as possible. I start work on Monday at Eckerd College (yeah, private schools can ignore holidays if they wish) and I have about two months worth of loafing to squeeze into two days. ;-)


Thanks to all of you for putting up with my sparcity of posts, and whininess in general.

Hugs,
Marius

No comments: