Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Turtle Asks...

Here's how it works: Leave me a comment saying "interview me!"- I will respond by e-mailing you five questions. I get to pick them, and you have to answer them all.- You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.- You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post - When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them 5 questions.

Preguntas de Senior Tortuga:


1. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?

Hmm, anyone? Janeane Garofalo. She is brilliant, lovely, and really cool. Plus I think it would benefit most men to spend at least one day as a woman.

2. Name one thing that you know now that you wish you knew 20 years ago.
That the seemingly smallest, most insignificant actions can have huge consequences.

3. Name the one thing that you own (talking material possessions here), that you adore above all others, and why? I have a chess table that my father made that I use as a night stand. It has been either next to my bed, or somewhere in my room for as long as I can remember. It's nothing fancy, but it is one of the few things of my dad's that we got.

4. What has blogging done for you? Blogging has made me a part of a large, and growing community. I was one of the last people to 'get' the Internet, and I had heard about blogs, but never thought much about them. Then I started this blog mainly with the intention of chronicling my move from Louisiana back to Florida, but suddenly I found myself putting far more here than just 'today we boxed up more books'. And before I knew it I was looking at things not just from an experiential perspective, but from a 'I should blog about this' perspective. Then I started reading other people's blogs, and before long I had pen pals in different states, and even different countries. There is even one young lady who I found on a video blog she used to be associated with, and is now blogging for a major news organization, who knows 'Marius' as one of her more frequent commenters. I enjoy putting my thoughts and opinions out there, and I enjoy even more when folks read and comment. I especially like it when someone disagrees with me. I like to grapple, verbally. And it has helped me stay in touch with some of the folks, amphibious and otherwise, that mean the most to me.

5. What three words do you say most often?
Lately, God damn it!! (and I know that I really shouldn't use that particular one, but it just sort of slips out.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! What a fun idea. Thanks for the great post. And- while the chessboard is very sentimental, I thought is would be something Star Trekkish. And I also thought "that damn cat" would show up somewhere here.
the Monkey

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Inteview me!

Queen Bad Kitty said...

I did a comedy gig at
Valley Forge Music Fair(PA)
with Janeane in '95.
She IS the real deal however...a fair drinker...and a terrible singer (especially after 3am)
We had a great time.
P

Unknown said...

You not only got to meet her, but drink with her? I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!(bowing and scraping ala Wayne's World)

;-)