Friday, April 13, 2007

Johnny Hart, Dead Too.

I can't believe I missed this one. Johnny Hart, creator of B.C. and The Wizard of Id died on April 7th. When I was a kid there were two comic(as in newspaper comics, not superhero) books I used to collect. B.C. and Garfield. I loved B.C. In fact there are some lines from those books that my brother and I still quote to this day. (Scudzo! The mouthwash that really scrolls your nurd!) Harts humor then was silly, clever, and accessible to all ages. Granted in recent years he became more preachy and religious in his comics, but he never stopped being amusing. I often forget how much I used to enjoy B.C., and The Wizard of Id to a lesser extent, but there will always be a place in my fondest memories of those comics, and I truly hope that Hart has gone on to that Heaven he so strongly believed in.

R.I.P. Johnny.

Marius

No comments: