Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Star Wars = War On Terror?

Give me a fucking break, people!! Yes, I enjoyed Revenge of the Sith. Yes, I despise just about everything George W. Bush has done, or represents. No, I did NOT see anything in that movie that made me think about Iraq. Let's be real here. George Lucas has had trouble just making these movies vaguely intelligible, let alone slipping in real social commentary. If you really want to see the inspiration for our historical re-run, just go back to the late 60's, or the early 90's, or hell, go back to the frickin' crusades. Wars, and their causes are fairly homogeneous. If we weren't currently involved in a war, the pundits might have said Lucas was commenting on the first Gulf War, or Viet Nam, or the War of 1812 for crying out loud! IT'S A FUCKING MOVIE!!!!!

Sorry, I got a little carried away there.

I'm going to see it again in a few hours, and I'll try my best to find Saddam inside Jar Jar, but I doubt I'll succeed.

Love and kisses,
Marius

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously,… you missed it. It’s an allegory shrouded in a metaphor hidden in an enigma deeply inside a paradox. Or maybe it’s just a fucking science fiction movie. Or perhaps those responsible for thousands of needless deaths are projecting their guilt upon this simple movie, and the righteous, who can read meaning into anything, are looking for justification to their cause.