Sunday, January 18, 2009

Well, That's A Fine How D'Ya Do!

So on Thursday I planned to take my car into the shop to get the alternator replaced. The lights have been flickering for a while now, and 10 days ago, when I had the radiator replaced, I asked them to check out the alternator. They confirmed that it was on the way out, and the gods of automotivation blessed me by letting it last long enough to get to the next payday. Then, Wednesday night, Artemis started bunching up and peeing, or trying to pee, on the kitchen rug. We know what that means, so before the car could see her doctor, we took the cat to see the vet. Yup, UTI. Antibiotics and oh, can you get a urine sample for us? Apparently Artemis has an unusually small bladder, so the vet couldn't get a sample. Unfortunately locking her in the bathroom with food, water, and a clean cat box didn't work, and when I tried to catch her using her litter box so I could try to stick something underneath her she is just too stealthy. But the antibiotics seem to be working, so at least that's something.

The car got it's new alternator, but when I went to take Mrs. Marius to work this morning it wouldn't start. Fortunately the Hyperion is a standard, and our driveway slopes downward, so I got the car running and got the wife to work. Tomorrow I will be having a word with the shop.

On the up side of things, I got the COA to watch Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan last night, and then she asked me to show her The Trouble With Tribbles this morning.(you can watch all the original episodes in streaming video at CBS.com) And, as you can see, COA wasn't the only budding Star Trek fan:


They may both be prone to pee-pee problems, but at least they are developing good TV habits. ;-)

Adios, y'all,
Marius

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always nice to see a feline with taste. Henry is a big Dr Who fan.

Anonymous said...

When will the world stop with the karmic swirlies?

Dear World,
give Marius a break!
xo,
Monkey

stinkypaw said...

Cars, they can be such a headache! Our has been "flashing" us for no apparent reason, weird!

Yay on the chicklet's taste expension!

Anonymous said...

"Mr. Marius, after being asked to obtain a urine sample from his cat, left the clinic. As the door closed behind him, the clinic staff broke into raucous laughter which continues to this day."

Anonymous said...

I have a friend that used to say, "If it's got wheels or a dick, it'll give you problems." And those are my words of wisdom for the day.