Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm Super, Thanks for Asking

Well, Diablo was fun, but now I've been sucked into an even more addictive game. It's called City of Heroes, and it's a MMORPG, or a massively multi-player, online role playing game. You create a superhero and then run around an incredibly detailed and intricate city fighting evil. The Diablo gang have formed a supergroup, and we fight and chat and run around and generally have a great time. My toon, as they are called, is a cyborg named Dr. Zoidberg who shoots electricity out of his hands and, at least so far, can hover. I'm still a relatively low level character, so it's not that impressive. But given the amount of time I've put in so far, I'll be changing the course of mighty rivers in no time.

Being as I was the one of the group, during our misspent youth, who was not really into video games or comic books I didn't expect to be all that into this game, but a knowledge of comic lore is totally unnecessary to enjoy the living hell out of this. There is also an expansion pack called City of Villains, where you can play a super bad guy. But that's a way off yet.

So if any of you out there that read this want to come down to the 9th level on Champions, look me up.

Dr. Zoidberg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

City of Heros is addictive as hell.

If I ever get a comp working again that will run fast enough I hope to set an account back up.

I played the star spangeled Techno Tanker heroine Protocall. I think she was lvl 20ish when I had to stop.

Ld T.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Z wont be saving anyone if he doesn't stay close to his healer-Defender friend the Lost Elf King. LOL