Friday, December 05, 2008

Feeling Fecal



My mom's back in the hospital with pneumonia, and my brother was hoping I could go down there this weekend to check up on her. The problem is that my wife needs more notice than this to ask for a day off, so I'd have to go down Saturday morning, but be back by 5:30 Sunday morning to take her to work. On top of that we don't own a washer or dryer, and I have to do the laundry at some point this weekend. And asking my car to make an 8 hour drive in one day is just asking for trouble. So I feel shitty for not going. He is not unjustified in asking, I just can't do it. I'm making arrangements to go down for four days next week, but now I just feel like a huge turd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. You will do what you can, when you can. You cannot ask more of yourself than what is truly possible.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. . . don't beat yourself up over what is out of your control. You can only do what you can do. Shall I save a bed for you next week?

Alysoun said...

Monkey is right - You can only do what is humanly possible to do. That you DO beat yourself up over not being some magician possessed of a transporter should let you know what the rest of us already do - you are a fantastic human being. Please let yourself off the gallows.