Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VOTE! VOTE!! VOTE!!!

Today's the day. This is, quite possibly, the most important election day in my lifetime, and most of yours as well, so please go out and exercise your most fundamental American right. There is no electoral college nonsense getting in between you and those for whom you vote. No Supreme Court. No Katherine Harris. It's just you and the machine. I won't stump for any party here today. All I ask is that you vote your conscience, and don't just 'christmas tree' the ballot along party lines. Today whether we are Liberals, Conservatives, Democrats, Republicans, Independants, Greens, or Little Fuzzy Blue Creatures from Alpha-Centaurists we are all Americans, and what we are permitted to do today is relatively unique in the world. It doesn't take long, it doesn't hurt, and it doesn't cost anything...anymore.

And to my anonymous antagonist, I wish you nothing but the best today. Vote well.

Oh, and one more thing. If you experience any irregularities in voting today, call 1-866-OUR-VOTE, the hotline for the National Campaign for Fair Elections. EFF lawyers and many others are standing by across the country to take legal action to remove malfunctioning voting machines, keep polls open, etc.

Happy ballotting, my friends. :-)

Marius

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should get your goat... On monday Ambassador Edward Peck spoke to my neg. class. He served in Iraq from 1977-1980. In addition, he has held diplomatic post in most of the middle east. Far from being a "liberal soft on defense", Peck was a Paratrooper in WWII. Just before the Iraq invasion, Peck hit the talk shows screaming "what happens after"???
According to Peck, the gulf war was planned even prior to 9/11. Back in 1997 a group of Republicans got together and formed a "think tank" (please hold the laughter). Checkout the PNAC (plan for the new american century) website. Avoid solid food for a few hours before viewing (trust me on this on). Doug

Queen Bad Kitty said...

Doug:
For me, this is not new news.
I'm sorry this info found you so late.
It made me sick as well.

Unknown said...

yeah, I seem to remember hearing something about that a couple of years ago, but the war had already started so it just gave me one more reason to despise Bush.