Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lady Gaga? Seriously?

I've been known to indulge in the occasional musical guilty pleasure from time to time. The Go Go's, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Meco, but my latest musical infatuation has me, and everyone else I've mentioned her to, baffled. I'm really digging Lady Gaga. I love her mix of theatricality and honesty, sort of a cross between Kiss and Cher. I just saw an interview with her from the Ellen show, and she seems like the kind of person I would have fun being around. Plus she's attractive, sexy, and has a set of pipes on her that are quite amazing. I can't say I've listened to much of her music, but if Poker Face is indicative of her style and songs I might just have to indulge in some more. And I have yet to see her groinal area on a supermarket tabloid cover. Sure, she's outrageous, but in a fun and interesting, not depraved and disgusting way. Here's the interview I was talking about, and after that her performance of Poker Face.




To paraphrase Liet-Kynes of Arrakis, against my better judgment I like this performer.

I now have to go apologize to my Black Sabbath CDs.

Marius

4 comments:

stinkypaw said...

I think she's a freak (in a good way) and some of her tunes are catchy. She reminds me of a female version of Marilyn Manson, less scary though.

Unknown said...

I agree. She's fun. I love her sense of fashion. She gets what high fashion's about. It's not an everyday thing for us proles, it can be an art form impossible to wear in everyday life.
She may be completely bonkers or it may be an act. Either way I find her entertaining. Will it wear thin? Maybe, but for now I'm enjoying her persona.
She borrows more from Bowie than Mariah and that's always a bonus.
As you said, the less we see of her going commando, the better. I like the fact I know nothing of her private life.

Jakob - Nerd Hurdles said...

Whoa. Back up the train. Frankie Goes to Hollywood is NOT a guilty pleasure! Frankie is next to godliness!

keith said...

I read that she writes all her own lyrics and music. So would that make her Joan Baez on Acid AND speed?