Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sigh


I had a nice weekend. That in itself shouldn't be news, but lately my weekends have been merely pauses in between work weeks, and little else, but this was a nice weekend. It started right with the cats letting me sleep in til SEVEN AM! I know, you really envy me now, but wait, there's more. Mrs. Marius wasn't feeling well, and stayed home from work, so my plans for cleaning were put on hold. So I reloaded Diablo II on the puter for her and was getting ready to play couch spud when my phone rang. It was Duke asking if I wanted to go to a gun show with him. I've never been to one, and the missus seemed to relish the idea of a bit of solitude(such as it is with a kid and two cats) and I like guns. I don't own any, but I like shooting, plus it was a chance to hang with Duke, which is always welcome. So he picked me up and we discussed all sorts of things on the drive to, and during, and after the show. The gun show itself was remarkably low key and devoid of any obvious nut-jobbery. I saw a few shiny weapons that I wouldn't have minded owning, but my lovely lady was quite clear in her parting directive that I return no better armed than when I left, and since the .357 I had my eye on was a little over $1200 obedience wasn't that difficult. ;-) Then we picked up some burgers and beer on the way home and I fired up the grill. During the drive Duke gifted me with some really groovy toys. He gave me a toy phaser II with removable phaser I(if you don't know what that means, it won't matter to you anyway), about 10 pounds of Star Trek gaming cards, and a huge bag full of Micro Machines starships. I will be taking pics of this nerd-u-copia as soon as I can get it arranged by vessel class and affiliation. Go on, out-geek me, I dare ya! :-D

Today I did get that cleaning done, as me wifey felt better and went back to work. Now as many of you know we're having technical difficulties with the podcast, and since I couldn't post a new one this weekend we decided not to record a show tonight to give me a chance to catch up on my editing. But we got together via Skype anyway, just cause we like talking with each other, and talked for nearly three hours. Granted thirty minutes or so of that was recorded for Kennedy's solo podcast, Weather Station 3, where we talked about the nature of Internet friendships. And now it's 11:34pm, and I'm listening to Simon and Garfunkle and telling you wonderful people about my very nice weekend.


And there was much rejoicing.

:-)

Peace, y'all,
Marius

3 comments:

stinkypaw said...

It does read like a good weekend, yay!

And I also think you do win the "geek" thing! Really! ;-)

flurrious said...

I don't know exactly what a phaser II with a removable phaser I is, but I want one anyway. I was going to say I would also like a communicator, but then I realized that that's pretty much just a cell phone.

Keith Platt said...

I did not exactly forget your natal anniversary. I just did not call you or buy anything or even send you a card. I did think nice thoughts and regret my lack of organization.
The Elf