Thursday, April 09, 2009

A$$holier Than Thou


It would seem that assholes are running rampant lately, but there are two extreme sphincters I'd like to bring to your attention today. The first member of the 'See You Next Tuesday' club is Republican Texas Representative Betty Brown. This lovely lady has actually suggested that Asian Americans should change their names to something that isn't so hard to 'deal with'. “Rather than everyone here having to learn Chinese — I understand it’s a rather difficult language — do you think that it would behoove you and your citizens to adopt a name that we could deal with more readily here?” The reason for this is her attempt to address concerns by Chinese-American groups because often their names don't appear the same on any two pieces of identification. This leads to voting problems. So, of course, this is the citizen's problem, not the government's. What a twat! You can see the full story here.

The second waste of human flesh is that infamous lunatic and supposed musician, Billy Bob Thornton. Billy Bob is currently the singer/drummer for a band called The Boxmasters. They are enjoying a bit of success, and are currently on tour opening for Willy Nelson. When appearing on a Canadian radio show the host introduced him as an "Oscar-winning screenwriter/actor/director" and then proceeded to talk only about the band. Billy Bob pouted, and then acted like a petulant twelve-year-old refusing to answer questions. Finally it was mentioned that the interviewer was not supposed to ask questions about Thornton's film career, and Billy Bob was pissed because of the quick mention of said accomplishments. The interviewer, a man named Jian Ghomeshi(don't ask me to pronounce it), was flustered and agog, but remained a professional and eventually talked the sulking ass into actually giving the interview he was brought in for. Now I don't like Billy Bob Thornton as an actor, and I couldn't care less about him as a director, and now I really wouldn't shed a tear if he fell into a volcano tomorrow. I recommend you give the interview a listen as I don't think I'm doing his douchbaggery justice. And my thanks to Weathereye for bringing to light this tale of yet another self-important asshole circling the drain of his own relevance. You can read more, and hear the interview here.

In local news we have a three day weekend coming up, and I'm really looking forward to it. I was going to go south to the homeland, but the COA is away at her grandparent's and the missus and I get so little time together when we are both A. alone, and B. awake, that I decided to postpone the trip and spend some quality time at home.

And now, dear friends, I bid you adieu. Have a groovy Easter.

Marius

2 comments:

flurrious said...

I sort of love that Betty thinks that she and everyone else is being asked to "learn Chinese." It's so aggressively clueless. It reminds me of the whole Ebonics debacle in California from a few years back, where numerous dumbasses thought the issue was that Ebonics was going to be taught in the schools as a language requirement.

Anonymous said...

I saw a portion of BBT's interview and he really was being a major jerk. And maybe the interviewer needs to change his name to something "more American"???? Sheeeese!