Thursday, July 12, 2007

I dream of Djinn...



You are walking along the beach, and you find a curiously shaped bottle. Intrigued, you remove the stopper. The bottle begins to vibrate and smoke, and before you can hurl the thing away a huge djinn appears.

"Greetings, Master!" the djinn rumbles. "A thousand thanks for releasing me from my prison. This is, indeed, the luckiest day for us both. I have gained my freedom, and you have gained three wishes."

You open your mouth to fire off the wishes you have waited your whole life to utter, when a large, grey-skinned hand presses your lips closed.

"Forgive me, Master, but in my gratitude and joy at being released, I forgot to tell you the rules. Firstly, you may not wish for more wishes. Three is the number,and the number shall be three. Secondly, your wish may not directly affect the normal course of history, so do not wish to go back in time to kill a ruthless dictator, nor wish away a world-wide plague. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, know that I am a slave to my nature. We are a capricious and mischevious breed, and the wording of your wishes, should it give me room to do so, may just bring about unwanted results. Wish wisely, oh Master, and we will both be happy."


What do you wish?

1 comment:

Turtle said...

Incidentally.... the reason *I* haven't answered this (and perhaps others) is that I am a complete geek and remember the AD&D days and how hard it was to use a wish, and I don't feel like working that hard for a meme.... :)