Friday, April 05, 2013

Howdy, y'all!!  I'm playing with new templates and trying to get Blogger to actually post things the way I type them instead of one huge, squished-together clump of verbiage, so please feel free to comment on the appearance, format, etc. of The Corner. 

So this week has been something of an auspicious one. Our friend Z, who has been babysitting Sharon since she was just a couple of months old, moved away so we enrolled the baby in a nearby day care place.  As I am the morning parent I feared the first day I dropped her off as I expected heart wrenching tears.  As it turned out she didn't seem in the least bit phased by my leaving her there, but that has been slowly wearing off all week, and today she just stood in the middle of the room crying 'Dada! Dada!'  I know she was most likely fine within a few minutes of my leaving, but it left me feeling a bit like a monster.  I know we'll both get over it soon, but it is a bit wrenching.

In the world of work we start tech rehearsals for our next show, Fuddy Meers, tomorrow.  The set is nearly finished, so I am anticipating a boring time of it for me, which is a good thing. 

I don't want to say that I feel guilty about not being that moved by the death of Roger Ebert, though it is sad, but I wasn't a huge fan.  I didn't dislike him or anything like that, I just didn't really pay much attention to him.  I can say that were it not for him and Gene Siskel giving Robocop two thumbs up, which if you saw the trailers at the time came as quite a surprise, I don't know if I'd have bothered with it.  So there is that.

Ok, time to make the donuts.  Later, gators.

Marius


3 comments:

DontBothertoKnock said...

I am glad you are back in the blogosphere. I also really like the new format. Blue is tied for my favorite color. :)

flurrious said...

I always liked Roger Ebert because he loved movies as a whole but when he didn't like one in particular, his review could be hilarious. Gene Siskel, on the other hand, was a crank who thought every movie would be better if it were a musical set in the 1940s.

I saw Robocop when it came out but I remember only ... some big deal about an arm being human? And that it made no sense because his face was at least partly human and they ignored that.

Unknown said...

The first day I left our youngest at daycare I was expecting tantrums and tears. It turns out that they came from me as she just jumped out my arms and ran to play with the toys and explore everything.

Over time that did change as well and it still makes me feel bad when I remember the day she grabbed onto me so tight and screamed for me not to go. As the daycare staff literally had to rip her off me I felt like the worst person in the world. They told me not to look back and all would be OK. I think I cried the entire walk back to the car.