Monday, April 03, 2006

Mea Culpa

Ok, most of you know by now that I am not going to Alaska. It was an April fool's joke. I put the 'April Fool' on the comment page, but not everyone looked there. So, if I you think it was a splendid jape, thanks for playing. If, on the other hand, you want to nad me just for the principal of the thing(Tink), I apolgize. ;-)

And while I'm fessing up and grovelling here, I'd like to say I'm sorry for whining about the whole needing glasses thing. I'm getting over it, but it really did bum me out for a couple of days, which is a lot longer than things usually get to me. And if any of you had the misfortune to actually speak to me this weekend...sorry.

On a happier note, for any Dr. Who fans out there, the new series on the Sci-Fi channel is a lot of fun. The new Doctor(Christopher Eccleston) took me a little while to warm up to, being a die-hard Tom Baker fan, but his portrayal of the homeless Time Lord has just the right balance of child-like wonder, childish mischief, and absolute seriousness that the character needs. And his new sidekick, Rose(Billie Piper)is clever, witty, and not the least bit subservient to the Doctor. She's also drop dead gorgeous, but then who isn't in television?

Ok, that's all for now. Ta ta. Don't forget to tip your waitperson. :-)

Marius

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I rarely watch any TV anymore so I have a note on the fridge: Friday nights, Dr Who. 9:00 PM.