Saturday, April 01, 2006

Take Off, To The Great White North.

Well, folks, this is it. Many of you know that science has always been a fascination, and sort of hobby of mine, and I'm finally going to get to do something with it. The University of Alaska campus at Ketchikan (http://www.ketch.alaska.edu/) has offered me a job as the director of their theatre program, plus a part time position as field assistant on their Minke Whale study project. Mrs. Marius will be working in the local elementary school as the Drama teacher. Most of the students are Inuit or Kanatak, with a smattering of children belonging to the multi-national scientists and faculty of the university, so the young'n will get to learn about all kinds of stuff she would never otherwise see. I am totally psyched about this, if a bit nervous. Not to mention our aversion to the cold, but this is just too groovy an opportunity to pass up. I'll post more details as I get them, but we will be looking to move sometime this Summer. Who knows, maybe soon I'll have pictures of Starbuck chasing off caribou or something. ;-)

Frigidly yours,
Marius

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah, one more thing...


April fool!!!!!!!

:-D

Queen Bad Kitty said...

You are a sneaky one!
But I do have to say I've been
planning my own "April Fool's Day"
tricks for days....so I was on to you my friend.
Big props to the use of details:
"Most of the students are Inuit or Kanatak...." ....the details are Sooooo important!
Happy Day
P~

Turtle said...

You know the worst part? I read this post and thought to myself, "Oh, yeah, it's April Fool's Day..."